ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE VDSS DIVISION OF FAMILY SERVICES' PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
We are inviting applications from parents who have a strong interest in joining the Virginia Department of Social Services's (VDSS) Division of Family Services (DFS) Parent Advisory Council. The Council will work with DFS staff to help create strategic partnerships between parents and staff throughout the child welfare system.
- The mission of the Parent Advisory Council (Council) is to actively collaborate with the VDSS Division of Family Services in building strategic partnerships between parents and staff, promoting parent leadership development, and helping expand the meaningful roles and voices throughout child welfare.
- The creation of the Council is for the purpose of ensuring parent voices are included in shaping programs, services, strategies and policies.
- VDSS is deeply committed to representing and reflecting the unique experiences, perspectives and viewpoints of parents on this Council.
- VDSS strives to champion diversity, equity and inclusion for all.
- For this Council's purpose, "parent" is defined as someone who was in a parental capacity, such a child's biological parent, legal custodian or guardian, and was involved with child welfare while in a primary caretaking role. The Division of Family Services also has other advisory groups for kinship, foster and adoptive parents.
For more information, contact Brenda Sampe at email@example.com.